Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Sara, the eco knitter.

I was sad and upset last night so I opted for some creating.  The soft hum of the TV and my scissors snapping away always makes me feel better.  I found an article on Etsy the other day and I really wanted to try it.  So I pulled out all my saved plastic bags (I save all of them, weird? maybe?) laid them out, folded them, snipped them, and strung them together in to some awesome "plarn" as the article calls it. Here is what I have so far.


It's really a lot of fun!  I am making a bag right now, but as I was making the yarn I was thinking that I need to get a bunch of colors!  I know most stores have white bags but I want colored bags!  HA HA!  I know that Best Buy has blue bags and that's about it for colors.  In the article they had yellow bags, awesome!  Does anyone have any suggestions?  

I also made some T-Shirt necklaces.  I know I was quite the adventurous crafter last night!  Here is one that I made.  

So all of this soulful crafting made me feel a little better about things.  I hope today is a great day.

No comments: